Sometimes when trying to view a PDF in Firefox it will try to download it, or show a blank white screen instead.
You can set Firefox to preview a PDF in the browser in order to fix this issue:
- Open the Firefox Options window
- Select the Firefox menu at the top right of your browser, then choose Options
- Alternatively paste about:preferences into the navigation bar
- Under the General tab, scroll to the Applications panel
- Locate Portable Document Format (PDF) on the list of file types
- Change the Action to Preview In Firefox
- Close the Options browser tab.
PDFs will now automatically display within your Firefox browser. If you need to save the PDF, right click anywhere on a page of the PDF and click Save Page As.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact our friendly support staff at firstname.lastname@example.org