With the introduction of the "vGRID Protect (Powered by Comet)" and the retirement of "vGRID Protect (Powered by Code42)", customers will need to configure their backups over to the new platform.
As 'vGRID Protect (Powered by Comet)' utilises different technology to perform its backup, there is no way to just "migrate" between them. Instead, the process is simply to deploy "vGRID Protect (Comet) client onto your PC / Server along side the existing solution, configure the backups and once you are happy that it is working correctly, remove vGRID Protect (Code42) and deactivate your account in the vGRID Customer Portal.
Please refer to the following steps:
STEP 1: Setup a new account for vGRID Protect (Powered by Comet)
STEP 2: Download and install the vGRID Protect (Comet) client
STEP 3: Setup your backup & also test doing a restore
STEP 4: Remove the vGRID Protect (Powered by Code42 account
- Log into the vGRID Customer portal
- Select 'vGRID Storage Services' from the left hand menu
- Click on the vGRID Protect tile
- From the Location dropdown, select "LOCATION (HAMILTON (POWERED BY CODE42))"
- Click on the button "DEACTIVATE SERVICE" at the top of the page and confirm.