Webroot Internet Security Essentials also contains a predefined firewall which filters all inbound and outbound internet connections. The easiest way to allow HomeDrive to run properly is to turn on "Gamer Mode"
Gamer Mode allows you to set the Webroot program to a silent mode, so it does not interfere when you play online games or view movies. While in this mode, the program does not perform the following functions:
- Scheduled scans
- Scheduled cleanups (available only in WISE or WISC)
- Shield functions (except for the Execution shield)
- Balloon alerts in the system tray
- Communications with the Webroot server to check for updates
- Firewall functions that block Internet or network traffic and open alerts (available only in WISE or WISC)
To turn Gamer Mode on
- Right-click the Webroot system tray icon, located in the lower-right hand corner of your computer screen
- In the task bar menu, click Turn Gamer Mode On.
To turn Gamer Mode off, open the tray menu again and click Turn Gamer Mode Off
Restarting the Webroot security software will automatically switch the application out of Gamer Mode. You can change the amount of time Gamer Mode will be active for, from the program options/settings. By default, when Gamer Mode is activated, it will stay active for four hours and then automatically switch itself off to return the program to full functionality.
To let HomeDrive run properly please:
- Select "Turn Execution Shield off when entering Gamer Mode"
- Deselect "Automatically turn Gamer Mode off after # hours"