How to create a Microsoft 365 Exchange Mailbox for a user in the vGRID Customer Portal
To allow a user to have a Microsoft 365 Exchange mailbox, you will need to first make sure that the following requirements have been met:
- You need to make sure that your domain name has been validated and added to Microsoft 365. Click this link to get instructions on how to verify and add your domain name to Microsoft 365. If you already have your domain name added to Microsoft 365, skip this step.
If you would assistance with this, please contact our support desk on 0800 425 383
- You will need to purchase a Microsoft Exchange Plan or a Microsoft 365 plan that includes MS Exchange Mail in its offer. If you need assistance with purchasing licenses, follow this link and go to point 3. To increase or decrease existing license seat counts, go to point 9.
Once you've confirmed that your domain name has been added to Microsoft 365 and that you have an Exchange license purchased and ready for use, you can go ahead and create a user and email address in the vGRID Customer Portal.
- Log into the Customer Portal - https://customer.vgrid.nz/
- Click "Microsoft CSP" under "Services" and go to the "Licenses and Users" Tab and Click Add User.
- Fill in all the required information and change the domain name from the default .onmicrosoft.com domain name to your newly verified domain name. Assign an Exchange license to your new user by the clicking the check-box of the required license below (see image below for reference), then click Add User.
- Allow 30 minutes to an hour for your mailbox to be created then go ahead and setup your mailbox on your preferred device or mail client. Here are some links on how to setup your new mailbox on your PC, Mac or mobile devices:
- Outlook 2010+ for PC
- Outlook for Mac 2011 & 2016
- Android Device
- iPhone and iPad
- Webmail access: https://Mail.Office365.com
Please sign in to leave a comment.