In order to successfully configure your SIP trunk and connect your PBX to our Session Border Controller (SBC), you'll need to meet certain setup requirements on your firewall/router and PBX.
vGRID SBC Traffic
- The vGRID SBC is operating in a 2-node HA cluster for resilience.
- Service URL and IP are ‘sipgw-hlz.vgrid.nz’ | 188.8.131.52
- The SBC will be connecting to the PBX on the following ports:
- 5060 (UDP) for SIP registration.
- 10000 to 10999 (UDP) for RTP stream (audio stream for the call).
- NAT Traversal has been enabled on our SBC to enable smoother operation of PBX’s that are behind a NAT.
- Connection to PBX are monitored using 'SIP Options'. This is a process where the SBC sends a registration packet to confirm can connect to your PBX.
Required Inbound Firewall Rule:
|sipgw-hlz.vgrid.nz | 184.108.40.206
|Primary PBX IP
Required Outbound Firewall Rule:
|IP address(es) of PBX
|Service / Ports:
Ensure that all traffic inspection (IPS/UTM/AV) rules are NOT enabled or applied to this traffic
This rule should also be before any rules that have traffic inspection enabled.
* For companies that require specific endpoints and ports to be defined:
|Service / Port:
|5060 (UDP) for SIP registration
The UDP port range required for by your PBX for RTP traffic
NOTE: some VoIP systems allow the RTP stream to be initiated directly from the handset/softphone rather than going via the PBX. In these cases, the RTP stream port range will need to be allowed out from the network(s) that the handset/softphone are on.
- Disable 'SIP ALG' and 'SIP Helpers' on your firewall should you have one-way audio issues.
Number Format Delivery
- Inbound and Outbound Call format are set to use the E.164 format without leading '+' (i.e. 64xxxxx)
- It is important that your PBX is setup to send the correct outbound Caller ID as this is a requirement for emergency services.
Failure to do so will require vGRID to enforcement Caller ID - this will set the caller ID to be the pilot number on all calls from your phone system.
Should you have any other questions, please contact our support team by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or phoning 0800 425 383 during business hours.