How to increase your Concurrent Task limit for vGRID Cloud Connect.
By default, all tenant account will have at least 1 concurrent task. Should you wish to increase this, you can do this by:
- Logging into the vGRID customer portal - https://customer.vgrid.nz
- Go to vGRID Storage Services under Services
- Click the vGRID Cloud Connect icon.
- Click the pencil icon under Concurrent Task to change your values.
How does increasing the Concurrent Tasks help?
Veeam Agent managed by the vGRID Backup Portal (or Veeam Service Provider Console)
Each Veeam agent within your tenancy will only use one concurrent task at a time.
Should you have multiple Veeam agents deployed within your account/tenancy, and you may wish for these Agents to run backup jobs to vGRID Cloud Connect at the same time. This would be a good candidate for increasing your concurrent task quota.
- If left at the default value of 1, the first Veeam Agent job will start running. The second Veeam Agent job will wait until the first job has completed and a "task" slot is available. At this stage it will start uploading it's backup to Cloud Connect repository. This sequence will continue through for each of the Veeam agents that you have deployed.
- By increasing the concurrent tasks to 2, it will allow two Veeam Agent backup jobs to run at the same time.
Veeam Backup and Replication server on site
Each concurrent task (or task slot) allows processing of a single disk, so companies with one slot assigned will only be able to upload a single disk at a time and not be able to leverage parallel processing or run multiple jobs concurrently.
- You have a VM with 4 disks and you have 2 concurrent tasks allowed on your account/tenancy. When your backup copy job starts, it will create 4 tasks (one task per each VM disk) and start processing the first two tasks (uploading the VM disks) in parallel. The other 2 tasks will be pending, until one of the first two tasks have been completed.
- Likewise, if you have multiply backup copy jobs. They will also sit in a pending state until a task slot becomes available. Once available, the backup copy job will start running and uploading the first VM disk to Cloud connect.
Increasing the number of concurrent tasks will allow you to upload more VM disks / run multiply jobs at the same time, reducing your backup window required. This could be necessary if you have one or more of the following:
- Large number of VM
- Large disks
- Short backup windows (i.e. running backup copy jobs several times a day)
If you require further information or assistance, please contact our Support Desk by emailing email@example.com